Thursday, November 5, 2009

Do we get what we ask for?

What little girl doesn't want a pony? I know I did. After reading books like the Black Stallion and Misty of Chincoteague in 3rd grade, I longed for a pony. Guess what? My parents didn't have the money to buy me a pony and there weren't really any stables close to my home in Miami, so I settled for toy horses. In retrospect, they are so much work anyway =) I know my friends, Brittanie and Alley can attest to that =)

Here's a short commercial I'd love for you to watch (please forgive me in advance for supporting the cause of "the Man" by passing along one of his advertisements):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qb0vquRcys

It's classic. That little girl didn't even know she could ask for the real deal. Are you asking for the real deal? Are you asking for what you want? Sometimes, I wonder if I know what I really want. Sometimes, I know and I just don't ask. Sometimes we need to take a step back and get some perspective. I dare us to just that. Take a moment and ask yourself:

What do I really want? Am I asking for it? Am I willing and ready to ask for the real deal?

Pondering,
Cindy

Pony
cindy@lessdrama.com
www.lessdramaqueens.com