Thursday, September 2, 2010

What did you learn this summer?



It's that time of year again. Labor Day is almost here and it's time to contemplate what I learned this summer. I believe there's power in taking time for reflection.

Summer School Lessons by Cindy Steele:

It is truly amazing to be at the right place at the right time and know it. Mowing the lawn can be redemptive - it gives you the time and space to work things out in your mind, body and soul. I sometimes feel like my life is a trapeze act that requires great faith. Teachers have to learn first. I like "R" words better than "D" words. Six-year-olds live life with all of their being. They are still true to themselves. Celebration is important and I've got a lot to celebrate! No matter how old you are, skipping with girlfriends is fun. A long lazy picnic + best friends + sunny day at Chrissy field in San Francisco = a great recipe for a warm heart.
Following self-imposed rules for life are oh-so-good for my over all well-being, especially when I have heaps on my plate. Cindy's simple rules to live by are this: 1) no rushing allowed 2) give myself ample morning time alone if I have been out late the night before 3) always make time for down time 4) create some home time if I've been on the go-go-go. Roller skating takes you back to a simpler place and time. Sonic happy hour iced teas are my new favorite treat. Siblings will always bicker on long car rides - no matter what their age. I love that family sticks together always! I've loved my sissy bum for 40+ years - oh my! Freedom and truth resonate with everyone. I'm a big fan of deep breaths. Happy dances are fun for all.

Thank you again, Allyson, for inspiring this practice in me. You are inspiration!

Contemplating Big Things on My Horizon,
Cindy