Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Power of Girlfriends


I believe that we are all created treasures!
I believe that we all have something to give and something to receive.
I believe in growing.
I believe it’s okay to make mistakes.
I believe in the power of girlfriends.
I believe in making life matter!

Do you believe? Every time I have the opportunity to speak to communities of girlfriends, this is my message. These truths have been born out of my life experience. I hold them dear to my heart. They have become my calling.



What are the truths that you stand by? That you live out?

I believe as women, we are uniquely equipped to impart our wisdom and life experience onto the next generation of girlfriends. We talk, we process, we vent, we share life together. We are community. We are made for relationships ~ we love to connect. We make things happen. We thrive together!

One hundred years ago today...they believed in the power of girlfriends, too! In 1911, more than one million women and men attended International Women’s Day rallies campaigning for women's rights to work, vote, be trained, to hold public office and end discrimination. International Women’s Day is a global celebration of the economic, political, and social achievements of women past, present, and future. Today is the 100th anniversary of International Women’s Day ~ oh happy day!

This calls for a celebration! Call up a girlfriend. Celebrate a recent accomplishment. Share a glass of wine or a latte! Relish in the power of girlfriends.
You might even discuss how you can invest in the future of a young girl.

Please watch these two videos below that leave an impact in the life of a girl!

Making life matter one girl at a time,
Cindy

P.S. Happy “Phat” Tuesday!