Thursday, March 19, 2009

Girlfriends are the best...

Best girlfriends are not easy to come by - they take time and investment of our energy.  We must search them out.  We must be open and vulnerable.  We must take the time to invest in each other.  We must listen.  We must be available.  One thing I've learned in the life (and I think you'd all agree with me) - they are worth it all!

They support us.  They challenge us.  They hold our secrets.  They inspire us to be the best we can be.  They trust us.  They know us (inside and out).  They extend grace (most of the time).  They remind us we are sane (for the most part).  They remind us of who we are (a treasure) and who we want to become.  They give us hope.  There is nothing better than being able to just be yourself in their presence.  They are our comfort zone.

I've recently moved and miss having my girlfriends close in proximity.  I miss the good girl time face-to-face.  I've been on the search for a girlfriend or two in my new community.  I know it will be worth the investment - but to tell the truth, I admit it takes energy that some days I don't think I have within me.  Thank goodness, most of my girlfriends are just a phone call away.  When I need some good girl time - I pick up the phone with a glass of wine in hand - it's a bit of a virtual experience but it's good and it's always good for my soul to reconnect and have that heart-to-heart.  Just writing about those moments brings comfort in a world of new experiences.

I want to encourage you today - whether you have great girl time right in your own hood or if you're like me - it's a phone call away - MAKE TIME FOR GOOD GIRL TIME - we all need it.  I believe girlfriends help sustain us.  If you want some tips on how to build new friendships please be sure to email me, cindy@lessdrama.com.  I'm thinking I've got some expertise in this area - I've made 5 significant moves in my adult life (from NH to FL to GA to CA).  I also think I've got the best girlfriends in all the world (I might be a bit bias).

Please take 3 minutes and watch this youtube video.  I want you to meet these "wise women" who get what it means to be a best friend - Bella and Tara know this instinctively.  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFz-FMj-9Ps

Looking for some new girlfriends in the valley,
Cindy