Monday, March 2, 2009

and THAT's the rest of the story

Paul Harvey died on Saturday. That's a sad thing for those who loved to hear the "Rest of the Story" - but the good news is he's with his Angel (his wife's name) in heaven. Here's a sweet (and behind the scenes) article written about Mr. Harvey that I found on CNN this morning.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/03/02/greene.harvey/index.html

Paul Harvey was skilled in his craft of writing and telling "The Rest of the Story". As I read the article from his friend/colleague it got me to thinking...

What's the rest of my story? Do I have the power to write it? Clearly, some of the rest of my story is out of my control but I do have power over my attitude, my priorities, what's important, my choices, and my action.

What's the rest of your story?

So, the dare. I dare you to spend some time this week contemplating your life in terms of a Paul Harvey moment. Fill in the blank to "...and THAT'S the rest of the story."

What is the THAT? What will the rest of your story look like? How do you want to write it? What are the key elements that must be told? What do you envision? Will your dreams come true?

Take some time to picture it. Write it down, if it helps you. Draw it. Capture it in a collage. Just be sure to be participate in the REST of YOUR STORY. Make it the story you want it to be.

Contemplating the Rest of the Story,
Cindy